2017 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN
NOTICE OF RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AWARD
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this notice of grant (the Notice) and the Restricted Stock Agreement (the Notice and Restricted Stock Agreement constituting this Award Agreement), Calyxt, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company) has granted you an award of RSUs (the Award). The Award is granted under and is subject to the Calyxt, Inc. 2017 Omnibus Incentive Plan (the Plan). Unless otherwise defined in this Agreement, the terms used in this Agreement shall have the meanings defined in the Plan. The provisions of the Plan shall control in the event of a conflict among the provisions of the Plan, this Agreement and any descriptive materials provided to you.
|Date of Grant:|||
|Total Number of Units:|||
|Vesting Commencement Date:|||
|First Vest Date:|||
|Schedule:||Subject to Sections 2(n) and 19(g) of the Plan and Section 8 of the Award Agreement, so long as your Continuous Service Status does not terminate, the RSUs shall vest and be settled in accordance with the provisions of the Award Agreement.|
|Transferability:||You may not transfer this Award.|
By your signature and the signature of the Companys representative below, you and the Company agree that this Award is granted under and governed by the terms and conditions of the Plan and the Agreement.
You are advised to consult with your own tax advisors in respect of any tax consequences arising in connection with this Award. In addition, you agree and acknowledge that your rights to any Shares underlying this Award will be earned only as you provide services to the Company over time, that the grant of this Award is not as consideration for services you rendered to the Company prior to the Date of Grant, and that nothing in this Notice or the attached documents confers upon you any right to continue your employment or consulting relationship with the Company for any period of time, nor does it interfere in any way with your right or the Companys right to terminate that relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause. Also, to the extent applicable, the Exercise Price Per Share has been set in good faith compliance with the applicable guidance issued by the Internal Revenue Service under Section 409A of the Code. However, there is no guarantee that the Internal Revenue Service will agree with the valuation, and by signing below, you agree and acknowledge that the Company and the Administrator shall not be held liable for any applicable costs, taxes, or penalties associated with this Award if, in fact, the Internal Revenue Service were to determine that this Award constitutes deferred compensation under Section 409A of the Code.
[Signature Page Follows]
2017 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN
RESTRICTED STOCK UNIT AGREEMENT
1. Grant of RSU Award. Calyxt, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the Company), hereby grants to  (Participant), the number of restricted stock units (RSUs or Award) set forth in the Notice of Restricted Stock Unit Award Grant (the Notice), subject to the terms, definitions and provisions of the Calyxt, Inc. 2017 Omnibus Incentive Plan (the Plan) adopted by the Company, which is incorporated in this agreement (this Agreement) by reference.
2. Issuance of RSUs. Each RSU shall represent the right to receive one Share upon the vesting of such RSU, as determined in accordance with and subject to the terms of this Agreement and the Plan.
3. Vesting of RSUs. Provided that the Participants Continuous Service Status does not terminate, this Award shall vest as follows:
||| of the total number of RSUs on the Date of Grant (as defined in the Notice);|
|||% of the total number of RSUs on ; and|
|||% of the total number of RSUs on ;|
(each date above a Vesting Date)[, provided that in the event that a Triggering Event occurs during the vesting period, an additional 25% of the total number of RSUs shall immediately vest; and provided further that 100% of the total number of RSUs shall vest in the event of (a) the termination of Participants employment without Cause within 12 months following a Triggering Event or (b) resignation of Participant for Good Reason within 12 months following a Triggering Event. In all cases, in no event will more than 100% of the RSUs vest]1.
[in the event that a Triggering Event or change in control of a Parent occurs, 100% of the total number of Shares shall immediately vest to the extent not already vested]2
As used in this Agreement and for all purposes relating to the RSUs, including of Continuous Service Status, Good Reason shall mean: (i) a material reduction in the Participants base salary, other than a general reduction in base salaries that affects all similarly-situated Employees or Consultants, as applicable, in substantially the same proportion or (ii) an involuntary relocation of the Participants principal place of employment by more than 100 miles, provided that (iii) the Participant has provided written notice to the Company of the existence of the circumstances constituting Good Reason within 30 days of
|1||To be included in the award agreements for Participants who are employees of the Company.|
To be included in the award agreements for Participants who are Consultants, non-employee directors of the Company, or directors or employees of a Parent.
the initial existence of such circumstances, (x) the Company fails to cure such circumstances within 30 days of the receipt of such written notice, and (y) Participants resignation is effective not later than 90 days after the first occurrence of the applicable grounds constituting Good Cause. If Participant does not resign for Good Reason in accordance with, and within the time period set forth in, the preceding sentence, then Participant will be deemed to have waived Participants right to terminate for Good Reason with respect to such circumstances and such circumstances shall be deemed not to constitute Good Reason.
The vested RSUs shall be delivered subject to the Participants execution and delivery of the Adoption Agreement to the Company Stockholders Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A (the Adoption Agreement).]3
4. Tax Liability; Withholding Requirements. As a condition to the settlement of RSUs and as further set forth in Section 15 of the Plan, Participant agrees to make adequate provision for federal, state or other tax withholding obligations, if any, which arise upon the grant, vesting of the RSUs, dividend distribution thereon, whether by withholding, direct payment to the Company, or otherwise. Regardless of any action the Company takes with respect to any or all income tax, social security, payroll tax, or other tax-related items related to Participants participation in the Plan and legally applicable to Participant (Tax-Related Items), Participant acknowledges that the ultimate liability for all Tax-Related Items is and remains Participants responsibility and may exceed the amount actually withheld. Participant further acknowledges that the Company (a) makes no representations or undertakings regarding the treatment of any Tax-Related Items in connection with any aspect of the Award, including, but not limited to, the grant, vesting, settlement of the Award, the issuance of Shares upon settlement of the Award and the subsequent sale of Shares acquired pursuant to such issuance and (b) does not commit to and is under no obligation to structure the terms of the grant or any aspect of the Award to reduce or eliminate Participants liability for Tax-Related Items or achieve any particular tax result.
In the event Participant fails to make adequate provision for applicable tax withholding obligations (or where the amount of money provided is insufficient to satisfy the applicable obligations), Participant authorizes the Company, in its discretion, to satisfy the obligations with regard to all Tax-Related Items by (i) withholding from Participants wages or other cash compensation paid to Participant, (ii) withholding through a net settlement or (iii) a combination of the foregoing.
If Participants obligation is satisfied through a net settlement as described in the foregoing paragraph, the Company shall endeavor to sell only the number of Shares required to satisfy Participants obligations for Tax-Related Items; however Participant agrees that the Company may sell more Shares than necessary to cover the Tax-Related Item, and that in such event, the Company shall reimburse Participant for the excess amount withheld, in cash and without interest.
(a) to issue or deliver any Shares upon the vesting of the RSUs unless such issuance or delivery would comply with the Applicable Laws, including any applicable federal or state securities laws or any other law or regulation, with such compliance determined by the Company in consultation with its legal counsel. As a condition to the settlement of this Award, the Company may require Participant to make any representation and warranty to the Company as may be required by the Applicable Laws.
|3||To be included in the pre-IPO award agreements.|
(b) Subject to compliance with Applicable Laws, this Award shall be deemed to be settled upon [receipt by the Company of the satisfaction of the executed Adoption Agreement, and]4 the satisfaction of any applicable withholding obligations.
5. Terms and Conditions. It is understood and agreed that the Award evidenced hereby is subject to the following terms and conditions:
(a) Voting Rights. The Participant shall have no voting rights or any other rights as a shareholder of the Company with respect to the RSUs unless and until the Participant becomes the record owner of the Shares underlying such RSUs.
(b) Dividends. If a dividend is paid on Shares during the period commencing on the Grant Date and ending on the date on which the Shares underlying the RSUs are distributed to the Participant pursuant to Section 3, the Participant shall be eligible to receive an amount equal to the dividend that the Participant would have received had the Shares underlying the RSUs been distributed to the Participant as of the time at which such dividend is paid; provided, however, that no such amount shall be payable with respect to any RSUs that are forfeited. Such amount shall be paid to the Participant on the date on which the Shares underlying the RSUs are distributed to the Participant in the same form (cash, Shares or other property) in which such dividend is paid to holders of Shares generally. Any Shares that the Participant is eligible to receive pursuant to this Section 4(b) are referred to herein as Dividend Shares.
(c) Distribution on Vesting. Subject to the provisions of this Agreement, upon the vesting of any of the RSUs, the Company shall deliver to the Participant, as soon as reasonably practicable after the applicable Vesting Date (or the Termination Date (as defined below), as applicable), one Share for each such RSU and the number of Dividend Shares (as determined in accordance with Section 3(b)); provided that such delivery of Shares shall be made no later than March 15 of the calendar year immediately following the year in which the applicable Vesting Date (or the Termination Date, as applicable) occurs. Upon such delivery, such Shares (including Dividend Shares) shall be fully assignable, alienable, saleable and transferrable by the Participant; provided that any such assignment, alienation, sale, transfer or other alienation with respect to such Shares shall be in accordance with applicable securities laws and any applicable Company policy.
6. No Right to Continued Service. The grant of an Award shall not be construed as conferring upon the Participant any right to continue his or her employment or consulting relationship with the Company for any period of time, nor does it interfere in any way with the Participants right or the Companys right to terminate that relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause.
7. No Right to Future Awards. Any Award granted under the Plan shall be a one-time Award that does not constitute a promise of future grants. The Company, in its sole discretion, maintains the right to make available future grants under the Plan.
|4||To be included in the pre-IPO award agreements.|
8. Termination of Relationship. Following the date of termination of Participants Continuous Service Status for any reason (the Termination Date), other than a termination for Cause, Participant may continue to hold this Award, only as set forth in the Notice and this Section 8. Notwithstanding the foregoing, any Award granted to an individual who is nominated to become a Director and is not an Employee or Consultant or a director of a Parent at the time of grant shall be forfeited in its entirety if such individual does not commence providing services to the Company within 12 months after the date of grant of such Award.
9. Non-Transferability of RSUs. This Award may not be transferred in any manner otherwise than by will or by the laws of descent or distribution. The terms of this Award shall be binding upon the executors, administrators, heirs, successors and assigns of Participant.
10. Not Salary, Pensionable Earnings or Base Pay. The Participant acknowledges that the Award shall not be included in or deemed to be a part of (a) salary, normal salary or other ordinary compensation, (b) any definition of pensionable or other earnings (however defined) for the purpose of calculating any benefits payable to or on behalf of the Participant under any pension, retirement, termination or dismissal indemnity, severance benefit, retirement indemnity or other benefit arrangement of the Company or any Subsidiary or (c) any calculation of base pay or regular pay for any purpose.
11. Forfeiture Upon Breach of Certain Other Agreements. The Participants breach of any non-competition, non-solicitation, confidentiality, non-disparagement, assignment of inventions or other intellectual property agreement that the Participant may be a party to with the Company or any Affiliate, in addition to whatever other equitable relief or monetary damages that the Company or any Affiliate may be entitled to, shall result in automatic rescission, forfeiture, cancellation or return of any Shares (whether or not vested) held by the Participant.
12. Recoupment/Clawback. This Award may be subject to recoupment or clawback as may be required by Applicable Laws or by any applicable Company policy or arrangement, as it may be established or amended from time to time.
13. [Lock-Up Agreement. In connection with any initial public offering of the Companys securities and upon request of the Company or the underwriters managing any underwritten offering of the Companys securities, Participant hereby agrees not to sell, make any short sale of, loan, grant any option for the purchase of, or otherwise dispose of any securities of the Company however and whenever acquired (other than those included in the registration) without the prior written consent of the Company or such underwriters, as the case may be, during the period commencing as of 18 days prior to and ending 180 days, or such lesser period of time as the relevant underwriters may permit, after the effective date of a registration statement covering any public offering of the Companys securities or, if required by such underwriter, such longer period of time as is necessary to enable such underwriter to issue a research report or make a public appearance that relates to an earnings release or announcement by the Company within 18 days before or after the date that is 180 days after the effective date of the registration statement relating to such initial public offering, but in any event not to exceed 198 days following the effective date of the registration statement relating to such initial public offering and to execute an agreement reflecting the foregoing as may be requested by the underwriters at the time of the public offering. The Company is hereby authorized to impose stock transfer instructions to its transfer agent (which may the Company itself) in order to enforce the above restrictions.]5
|5||To be included in the pre-IPO award agreements.|
14. [Corporate Transaction. Notwithstanding the above, if a corporate transaction constitutes a Triggering Event and the Participant retains his or her Continuous Service Status, the Award shall become vested under the formula in Section 3.]6
15. Effect of Agreement. Participant acknowledges receipt of a copy of the Plan and represents that he or she is familiar with the terms and provisions thereof (and has had an opportunity to consult counsel regarding the Award terms), and hereby accepts this Award and agrees to be bound by its contractual terms as set forth herein and in the Plan. Participant hereby agrees to accept as binding, conclusive and final all decisions and interpretations of the Plan Administrator regarding any questions relating to this Award. In the event of a conflict between the terms and provisions of the Plan and the terms and provisions of the Notice and this Agreement, the Plan terms and provisions shall prevail.
(a) Governing Law; Waiver of Jury Trial This Agreement and all acts and transactions pursuant hereto and the rights and obligations of the parties hereto shall be governed, construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware, without giving effect to principles of conflicts of law. BY RECEIPT OF THIS AWARD, THE PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY RIGHT THAT THE PARTICIPANT MAY HAVE TO TRIAL BY JURY IN RESPECT OF ANY LITIGATION BASED ON, ARISING OUT OF, UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE PLAN.
(b) Participant Undertaking; Acceptance. The Participant agrees to take whatever additional action and execute whatever additional documents the Company may deem necessary or advisable to carry out or give effect to any of the obligations or restrictions imposed on either the Participant or the Award pursuant to this Agreement. The Participant acknowledges receipt of a copy of the Plan and this Agreement and understands that material definitions and provisions concerning the Award and the Participants rights and obligations with respect thereto are set forth in the Plan. The Participant has read carefully, and understands, the provisions of this Agreement and the Plan.
(c) Dispute Resolution. Any dispute or claim arising out of, under or in connection with the Plan or any Award Agreement shall be submitted to arbitration in Delaware and shall be conducted in accordance with the rules of, but not necessarily under the auspices of, the American Arbitration Association rules in force when the notice of arbitration is submitted. The arbitration shall be conducted before an arbitration tribunal, one selected by the Company, one selected by the Participant, and the third selected by the first two. The Participant and the Company agree that such arbitration will be confidential and no details, descriptions, settlements or other facts concerning such arbitration shall be disclosed or released to any third party without the specific written consent of the other party, unless required by law or court order or in connection with enforcement of any decision in such arbitration. Any damages awarded in such arbitration shall be limited to the contract measure of damages, and shall not include punitive damages.
|6||To be included in the pre-IPO award agreements.|
(d) Entire Agreement; Enforcement of Rights. This Agreement, together with the Notice to which this Agreement is attached and the Plan, sets forth the entire agreement and understanding of the parties relating to the subject matter herein and therein and merges and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous discussions, arrangements, agreements and understandings, both oral and written, whether in term sheets, presentations or otherwise, between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof.
(e) Amendment; Waiver. Except as contemplated under the Plan, no modification of or amendment to this Agreement that has a material adverse effect on the Participant, nor any waiver of any rights under this Agreement, shall be effective unless in writing signed by the parties to this Agreement; provided that the Company may amend or modify this Agreement without the Participants consent in accordance with the provisions of the Plan or as otherwise set forth in this Agreement. The failure by either party to enforce any rights under this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any rights of such party; provided that no waiver of any breach or condition of this Agreement shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other or subsequent breach or condition, whether of like or different nature. Any amendment or modification of or to any provision of this Agreement, or any waiver of any provision of this Agreement, shall be effective only in the specific instance and for the specific purpose for which made or given.
(f) Severability. If one or more provisions of this Agreement are held to be unenforceable under Applicable Laws, the parties agree to renegotiate such provision in good faith. In the event that the parties cannot reach a mutually agreeable and enforceable replacement for such provision, then (i) such provision shall be excluded from this Agreement and a substantially similar provision shall be inserted that as closely as possible reflects the intent of the parties shall be substituted in place of such unenforceable provision, (ii) the balance of this Agreement shall be interpreted as if such provision were so excluded and (iii) the balance of this Agreement shall be enforceable in accordance with its terms.
(g) Notices. Any notice required or permitted by this Agreement shall be in writing and shall be deemed sufficient when delivered personally or sent by telegram or fax or forty-eight (48) hours after being deposited in the U.S. mail, as certified or registered mail, with postage prepaid, and addressed to the party to be notified at such partys address as set forth below or as subsequently modified by written notice:
If to the Company:
600 County Rd D West #8
New Brighton, MN 55112
If to the Participant:
At the Participants most recent address in the Companys records.
(h) Counterparts. This Agreement may be executed in two or more counterparts, each of which shall be deemed an original and all of which together shall constitute one instrument.
(i) Successors and Assigns; No Third-Party Beneficiaries. The rights and benefits of this Agreement shall inure to the benefit of, and be enforceable by the Companys successors and assigns. The rights and obligations of Participant under this Agreement may not be assigned without the prior written consent of the Company. Nothing in this Agreement, express or implied, is intended to confer on any Person other than the Company and the Participant, and their respective heirs, successors, legal representatives and permitted assigns, any rights, remedies, obligations or liabilities under or by reason of this Agreement.
17. Data Privacy Notice and Consent. By participating in the Plan, the Participant consents to the holding and processing of personal information provided by the Participant to the Company or any subsidiary, trustee or third-party service provider, for all purposes relating to the operation of the Plan. These include, but are not limited to:
(a) administering and maintaining Participant records, a dissolution or liquidation of the Company;
(b) providing information to the Company, Subsidiaries, trustees of any employee benefit trust, registrars, brokers or third-party administrators of the Plan;
(c) providing information to future purchasers or merger partners of the Company or any subsidiary, or the business in which the Participant works; and
(d) transferring information about the Participant to any country or territory that may not provide the same protection for the information as the Participants home country.
[Signature Page Follows]
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed or caused this Agreement to be executed by their officers thereunto duly authorized, effective as of the Date of Grant set forth in the accompanying Notice.
I, , spouse of , have read and hereby approve the foregoing terms set forth in this Agreement [and the Adoption Agreement]7. In consideration of the Companys granting my spouse the right to receive Shares as set forth in this Agreement, I hereby agree to be irrevocably bound by this Agreement [and the Adoption Agreement]8 and further agree that any community property or other such interest shall hereby by similarly bound by this Agreement [and the Adoption Agreement]9. I hereby appoint my spouse as my attorney-in-fact with respect to any amendment or exercise of any rights under this Agreement [and the Adoption Agreement]10.
|Spouse of  (if applicable)|
|7||To be included in the pre-IPO award agreements.|
|8||To be included in the pre-IPO award agreements.|
|9||To be included in the pre-IPO award agreements.|
|10||To be included in the pre-IPO award agreements.|
2017 OMNIBUS INCENTIVE PLAN
ADOPTION AGREEMENT TO THE COMPANY STOCKHOLDERS AGREEMENT
This Adoption Agreement (Adoption Agreement) is executed on 20 , by the undersigned (the Holder) pursuant to the terms of that certain Stockholders Agreement dated as of December 3, 2014 (the Agreement), by and among the Company and certain of its Stockholders, as such Agreement may be amended or amended and restated hereafter. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Adoption Agreement shall have the respective meanings ascribed to such terms in the Agreement. By the execution of this Adoption Agreement, the Holder agrees as follows.
1.1 Acknowledgement. Holder acknowledges that Holder is acquiring certain shares of The capital stock of the Company (the Stock), for one of the following reasons (Check the correct box):
❑ As a transferee of Shares from a party in such partys capacity as an Stockholder bound by the Agreement, and after such transfer, Holder shall be considered a Stockholder for all purposes of the Agreement.
❑ As a new Stockholder in accordance with Subsection 4.1(a) of the Agreement, in which case Holder will be a Stockholder for all purposes of the Agreement.
1.2 Agreement. Holder hereby (a) agrees that the Stock, and any other shares of capital stock or securities required by the Agreement to be bound thereby, shall be bound by and subject to the terms of the Agreement and (b) adopts the Agreement with the same force and effect as if Holder were originally a party thereto.
1.3 Notice. Any notice required or permitted by the Agreement shall be given to Holder at the address or facsimile number listed below Holders signature hereto.
|HOLDER:||ACCEPTED AND AGREED:|
11 To be included in the pre-IPO award agreements.